Supporting Healthy, Local School Food through a COVID-19 Lens
Please see the attached Island Health newsletter for answers to the following questions:
- Can COVID-19 be transmitted through food?
- Why is it not recommended to bring home-prepared food for in class or school-based celebrations into schools at this time?
- Do we need to take special precautions to prepare and serve food in schools during the pandemic?
- Can produce from school/community gardens be served to students?
- Can reusable dishes be used safely in school food programs?
- Should I wear gloves when preparing and serving food?
- Will parents and community volunteers be able to help with school meal programs?
- Are Salad Bar Programs able to operate safely at this time?